1. We are proud to announce that our new weightlifting room, “The Dojo“, is now up and running and fully functional. As of now, The Dojo is outfitted with 5 lifting platforms (including Excalibur), two sets of blocks, two 15′ ropes, two sets of rings, a full rig with two spaces for racks, and almost any other miscellaneous piece of gym equipment we could think of. This will be the home of The Outlaw Barbell Club, and because of this, we are now offering Barbell Club-only memberships. BBC memberships will be $150 per month with unlimited access (during open hours) to The Dojo only – you would not be permitted to take our Crossfit classes with this type of membership. If you are someone who is primarily interested in weightlifting and the conditioning pieces just get in your way, this is the membership for you! Spread the word to your friends, as we are now one of the only gym’s in our area with this type of membership option. If you are a current member taking regular classes, as of now we will not be charging extra for access to The Dojo – it is included. However, in the event that the room starts to get too packed, or we are seeing issues with this method, we may instate a small fee for Dojo access down the line.
I will end The Dojo talk by saying it is a sacred room which is why it is named as such. By definition, a Dojo is a school or practice hall of training in the arts of self defense. As Outlaws, we all must understand the reverence of this room and the seriousness of the work being performed in it. It is a place of focus and training, as well as the current home of Rudy’s Harley.
2. Starting this month, we are changing our system of intro classes. We will no longer offer our intro class on Saturday morning. Instead, we will have two regular classes at 10am and 11am. Our intro policy will go as follows – email firstname.lastname@example.org and schedule a time to come in for your free intro class.
3. This coming Thursday, November 6th at 7:30pm is our in-house nutrition seminar hosted by Coach Nicole. She will be talking about flexible dieting, teaching you how to calculate your personal nutrition needs based on your personal goals, and answering any other questions you may have on optimizing your performance in the gym and accomplishing the goals you have both athletically and aesthetically through nutrition. This seminar will most likely run about an hour and a half. It is free to members and is $10 for guests. Spread the word! Power Supply Meals will also be in house with some fun samples and they are willing to answer your questions and want our members to get more familiar with the amazing company! Also, if you haven’t read Nicole’s blog posts yet on the topic here they are:
How Donuts Gave Me Abs & an 80kg Snatch
A Follow Up And FAQ On Donuts & Abs
4. Gear is on its way! I PROMISE! We will have some merchandise stocked in house very soon. If you want to get your hands on the new Nike Outlaw Barbell gear that has just been released, head on over to The Outlaw Store and get yourself some exclusive NikeBB gear!
5. Thanksgiving Schedule will be as follows: We will have open gym on Thanksgiving Day (11/27) from 10am-12pm. On the following Friday (11/28), we will not have a 6am class, but then will resume with normal schedule the rest of the day!
photo by: @photobyjurassic
4×:20 Box Shoulder Stretch + 10 Immediate PVC Raises after final set
2×1:00 Hands and Feet Hollow Hold
With Stomach Against Wall, Complete 3 Rounds, not for time, of:
0:20 HS Hold
20 HS Shoulder Shrugs
20 HS Shoulder Taps
5X1 Hang Snatch (just above knee) — work to a max single for the day (no more than 5 attempts), rest as needed
3 Rope Climbs 15′
30 Thrusters 75/55#
30 Thrusters 75/55#
3 Rope Climbs 15′